Minimizing Plastics with our Shampoo Bars
Did you know:
- Just 1 of our shampoo bars can last 40-80 washes and keep at least 3 plastic bottles out of the landfills?
- More than 600 million shampoo bottles could be ending up in landfills every year from North America alone, and only 1 in 5 people consistently recycle plastics from their bathroom products?
- Plastic products in landfills take anywhere from 10-1000 years to break down.
- When these plastics DO breakdown, they never fully biodegrade - they break down into small molecules that ultimately get eaten by members way down on the food chain, which then in turn eaten and ultimately end up on our dinner plates. (BTW - these shampoo bars are also vegan!!)
And when they do breakdown, becoming old and brittle in the natural environment (plastic never fully biodegrades), they end up looking an awful lot like food for the smallest members of the food chain, like plankton, where it enters the food chain and ultimately ends up on our dinner plates.
Aside from being incredible shampoo bars (more about that later), we should all be paying more attention to the waste we send to the landfills and what we send down the drain as well.
Our pH balanced, soap-free shampoo bars are made with all-natural ingredients.
At It's a Beautiful Life Boutique, we analyzed hair care ingredients that are incredible for hair, while also being eco friendly and sustainable, and created these formulae.
We took all the ingredients that cleanse and benefit your hair and scalp, removed the water and made them into concentrated bars of ingredients. These ingredients become activated and lather on contact with water.
To get the maximum usage out of your bars, ensure proper care: don’t let your bars soak in water, and make sure they get air circulation around them to dry between each use.
Not only are they eco-friendly, but they are great for your hair too, and leave ZERO waxy residue unlike some other shampoo bars out there!
And you will LOVE the smell!
I use ingredients such as:
1) Argan Oil from Morocco: Argan Oil is prominently featured in skincare and hair care products due to its abundance of unsaturated fatty acids (particularly Oleic and Linoleic Acids) and antioxidants (especially Vitamin E). It deeply moisturizes and replenishes dry or mature skin and is thought to stimulate hair growth by helping to counter hair breakage or splitting.
2) Hydrolyzed Oat Protein: This hydrating complex of vegetable derived hydrolyzed oat protein helps add and retain moisture to the skin and add softness, manageability and texture to the hair. This moisturizer will impart a soft, cushiony feeling on the skin with a velvet-like smoothness after drying.
3) Panthenol: Yes, this is the very same Pro-Vitamin B5 featured in Pantene commercials. This product will help retain moisture in the hair and protect it from the elements.
4) SCI (Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate):
- SCI is often referred to as Baby Foam because it is an extremely gentle surfactant that is mild enough for baby cleansers, personal hygiene and toiletries.
- Great in shampoos because of its ability to help water to mix with oil and dirt, allowing them to be more easily rinsed away
5) Cetyl Alcohol:
- Our Cetyl Alcohol is manufactured by VVF India Limited, a member of the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm.
- Helps to produce the foam that cleans your hair!